Tuesday 5 May 2009

AN EXAMPLE TO, WELL, SOME OF US

Portrait of a Man Who Has Gone Too Far. Several times. And lived.

For no discernible reason, apart from the obvious, Keith Richards reminds me of a couple of people I have known who are now in a Better Place - that is to say Oblivion. One is Jeff Bernard, the other is Keith Moon. Both served an invaluable function in my life: They set the parameters for behavior. Only for bad behavior, of course. Who needs anyone to indicate how close to the limit one can go in the direction of virtue?
I remember one of my wives (it could have been almost any of them) giving me the old, "You make me sick. This time you have gone too far," routine - and all I could come up with was, "Well, you must admit I´m not as bad as Jeff."

At which point a cock crowed thrice.

TODAY´S THOUGHT
Never try to impress a woman, because if you do she'll expect you to keep up the standard for the rest of your life.
W. C. Fields

No comments: